quarta-feira, 20 de julho de 2005

O direito ao direito

Hoje deu-me para isto. Já ouvi as músicas 345 mil vezes e agora descobri o guião de uma das melhores cenas que alguma vez vi.

Assim, aqui fica, do filme "A Vida de Brian", dos Monty Python:

"Title: Inalienable Rights

From: Monty Python's Life of Brian

(A huge Roman amphitheatre, sparsely attended. REG, FRANCIS, STAN and JUDITH are seated in the stands. They speak conspiratorially.)

Judith: Any Anti-Imperialist group like ours must *reflect* such a divergence of interests within its power-base.

Reg: Agreed.
(General nodding.)
Francis?

Francis: I think Judith's point of view is valid here, Reg, provided the Movement never forgets that it is the inalienable right of every man--

Stan: Or woman.

Francis: Or woman...to rid himself--

Stan: Or herself.

Reg: Or herself. Agreed. Thank you, brother.

Stan: Or sister.

Francis: Thank you, brother. Or sister. Where was I?

Reg: I thought you'd finished.

Francis: Oh, did I? Right.

Reg: Furthermore, it is the birthright of every man ...

Stan: Or woman.

Reg: Why don't you shut up about women, Stan, you're putting us off.

Stan: Women have a perfect right to play a part in our movement, Reg.

Francis: Why are you always on about women, Stan?

Stan: (pause) I want to be one.(pregnant pause)

Reg: What?

Stan: I want to be a woman. From now on I want you all to call me Loretta.

Reg: What!?

Stan: It's my right as a man.J

udith: Why do you want to be Loretta, Stan?

Stan: I want to have babies.

Reg: You want to have babies?!?!?!

Stan: It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them.

Reg: But you can't have babies.

Stan: Don't you oppress me.

Reg: I'm not oppressing you, Stan -- you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?
(Stan starts crying.)
Judith: Here! I've got an idea. Suppose you agree that he can't actually have babies, not having a womb, which is nobody's fault, not even the Romans', but that he can have the *right* to have babies.

Francis: Good idea, Judith. We shall fight the oppressors for your right to have babies, brother. Sister, sorry.

Reg: (pissed) What's the *point*?

Francis: What?

Reg: What's the point of fighting for his right to have babies, when he can't have babies?

Francis: It is symbolic of our struggle against oppression.

Reg: It's symbolic of his struggle against reality."


Sem comentários: